Job Title: Operations Manager II
Reports to: Country Manager
Department: PSD Salary Grade: 10
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As a member of the Country Program’s (CP) Senior Management Team, you will manage and coordinate most of the operational functions: Finance, Procurement, Administration, Security and Audit in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will ensure a high level of resource stewardship, ensure principled compliance, proactively manage risk, and lead operational improvements.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
Manage and evaluate operations functions – systems, processes, and staffing –for effectiveness and alignment with CRS’ standards, donor requirements, and local regulations and support high-quality programming. Advise and collaborate with programming leads to ensure appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and proper stewardship of material sources. Represent CRS, as needed.
- Identify and analyze challenges that affect the proper stewardship and optimal utilization of program assets and resources for process improvement. Manage program security and implement security risk mitigation strategies.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high-quality programming. Contribute to staffing plans and recruitment process of senior staff.
- Create and assess internal processes for approving expenses, monitoring spending, and making budget adjustments in line with operational and programmatic needs and with donor requirements. Collaborate with the Country Manager to oversee the preparation of annual budget plans and grant/project budgets to ensure they reflect maximum operational efficiency and budgetary compliance and mitigate risks.
- Develop and implement process improvement strategies to address issues that emerge from internal and external audits and provide guidance to implement improvements.
- In collaboration with the Country Manager, direct and lead compliance strategies in accordance with agency and donor requirements and local laws and regulations through periodic systems checks, review and assessment of operations policies and procedures.
- Manage and improve CPs recruitment and selection process by analyzing and identifying CP staffing needs through applying and adhering to HR systems, policies and practices that support a high-performance culture, staff development and retention. Assist in assuring a work environment that truly reflects the agency’s guiding principles.
- Maintain and assess the proper conditions for learning – a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Provide capacity strengthening needs and guidance for project teams and partners, which includes cross-departmental learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or another relevant field. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a management position with progressive responsibilities
- Additional education may substitute for some experience; additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience. Knowledge of Insight or similar financial reporting software highly preferred
Required Languages – English Travel – include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 20 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Good relations management abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Experience with an NGO preferred.
- Knowledge of Insight and or similar financial reporting software a plus.
- Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, a plus.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment a preferred.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Personal Accountability
- Acts with Integrity
- Builds and Maintains Trust
- Collaborates with Others
- Open to Learn
Supervisory Responsibilities: Finance, Procurement, Administration
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Country Manager, Senior Management team, Operations staff, Programing staff
External: Partners, vendors, donors, local government ***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Lokacija: Sarajevo (Rad iz firme)
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 13.03.2023.
Trajanje oglasa: 13 dana (ističe 26.03.2023.)
Žao nam je što vam se nije svidio sadržaj. Možete li nam reći zašto?
Pomozite nam da unaprijedimo sadržaj!
Recite nam kako možemo unaprijediti ovaj sadržaj