Position: Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability & Learning Coordinator / full-time mid-level professional
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension (including 6 months probation period)
Country Programme: Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH)
Line Manager: Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability & Learning Manager
Line Managing: n/a
Starting Gross Salary: 2.660 – 2.807 BAM
Please note his position is open only for citizens of BiH or those with valid work permits.
About PIN in BiH and Western Balkans:
People in Need (PIN) has been operating in the Western Balkans since 1992 in response to the 1992-1995 Bosnian war, providing humanitarian aid to those affected by the conflict in BiH as well as in Kosovo in 1998. The PIN representative office is located in Sarajevo, with field office in Mostar, and additional representation in Belgrade and Pristina. The total volume of the current programs is more than three million USD annually, funded by EU, CSSF/FCDO, CzDA, and other donors. In the last two decades, PIN implemented projects in the areas of waste management, circular economy, social inclusion, employment, and inclusive education. More information is available on PIN’s website www.peopleinneed.net.
About the role:
People in Need (PIN) is seeking to hire an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator for Project ‘Mostar – Spaces to Activate and Rejuvenate’. The project was launched in August 2021 with the financial support of the UK Government. The project is led by PIN and implemented in consortium with Everyday Peace Indicators (EPI), LDA Mostar, Nesto Vise, and OKC Abrasevic. The aim of the project is to promote social cohesion and inter-community relations in Mostar by providing opportunities for citizens to work together to enhance and enjoy shared public spaces. The project implementation strategy is guided by adaptive management approach in order to identify the most impactful and locally led solutions.
The MEAL Coordinator provides timely support and guidance to the Project consortium. Under the technical oversight of MEAL Manager and strategic guidance of the Project Director, the MEAL Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination and quality of all MEAL related processes and activities in the project ‘Mostar’ in compliance with donor’s guidelines and PIN’s standards. The MEAL Coordinator works in close cooperation with project partners’ teams, ensuring capacity development, work planning, and coordination of partners’ staff engaged in monitoring and data collection activities. The MEAL Coordinator will contribute to adaptive management and achievement of project objectives by ensuring that MEAL inputs and data are available in a timely manner, including taking the lead on regular lessons learnt workshops.
Leading project MEAL processes:
- Lead the design of MEAL activities and approaches in Mostar project.
- Provide timely support and guidance to all project partners.
- Ensure regular update of project MEAL framework and workplan.
- Support the implementation and management of the Community Feedback and Response Mechanism (CFRM).
- Provide MEAL related inputs to project proposals, review the logframe/Theory of Change (ToC) and the logic of intervention. Review project budget to ensure implementation of adequate high-quality monitoring.
Technical quality assurance:
- Lead on the design of data collection, tracking and management tools to ensure data quality, reliability, and consistency throughout project implementation.
- Conduct project data analysis and prepare regular concise reports for project director and project team.
- Ensure that internal indicator tracking systems are regularly updated and provide reliable data on project progress.
- Ensure that good quality data is available in a timely manner for reporting and decision-making processes.
- Advise on any issues and challenges in MEAL activities and processes and recommend improvements or changes in a timely manner.
- Support the design and implementation of internal and external evaluations.
- Ensure delivery of quality MEAL products.
Internal learning, capacity building and quality improvement:
- Carry out or assist in training sessions and learning events.
- Lead on regular lessons learnt sessions conducted at project level.
- Promote internal learning via sharing findings from MEAL activities and reflection on lessons learned related to MEAL.
Management and Coordination
- Ensure effective coordination between project teams and MEAL, and with all partner organizations within the consortium.
- Prepare inputs and participate in project review meetings.
- Coordinate with and provide regular updates to MEAL Manager and HQ.
- Carry out other duties assigned by direct supervisor.
Accountability and Safeguarding including Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH):
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- BiH citizenship or valid BiH work permit.
- Minimum 2 years of MEAL experience in development context.
- Bachelors (Masters preferred) degree in development, social science, information sciences or related field.
- Experience working with an NGO; experience working with international NGO is highly desired.
- Proven MEAL planning, data collection, analysis and report writing skills.
- MS Office products proficiency required; knowledge of electronic data collection tools (e.g. KOBO Toolbox), data management and visualisation tools (Power BI) and statistical software (R, Stata, SPSS) is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong analytical thinking.
- Experience coordinating with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and deliver assignments on time.
- Fluent spoken and written Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian and English.
- High ethical standards and ability to endorse principals of confidentiality.
- Commitment to and understanding of PIN’s aims, values and principles.
- Working environment in a well-established and growing international NGO.
- Salary and benefits according to PIN BiH Salary Scale and HR policies.
- 25 days of paid leave annually.
- Accident and travel insurance and free medical helpdesk.
- E-learning courses, webinars, training possibilities.
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter in English via this application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of Conduct and Key Policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.