Fondacija fami and its Consortium partner Geneva University Hospitals are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of PROJECT COMPONENT MANAGER (COMPONENT A MANAGER)
in the project “Strengthening Nursing in Bosnia and Herzegovina” (ProSes) in its Phase 3 (01 December 2022 – 30 November 2026), funded by the Swiss Government.
Area of work: Nurses’ professional environment
Field of expertise: Project management
Functional level: Senior professional
Type of position: Local – Full time
Duty station: Sarajevo
Employer: FAMI foundation (Fondacija fami)
Start date: 01 May 2023
SDC’s ten-year commitment to strengthening the nursing profession in Bosnia and Herzegovina has resulted in a number of successful results. With the ongoing support of multiple partners, particularly from the health sector, the conditions for the future development of nursing have been established. Regardless of the results achieved, it is necessary to invest additional effort in order to integrate the project’s results into the system, or into routine nursing practice. To meet the project’s objectives to the greatest extent, there are a considerable number of aspects that need to be improved. These areas consist of: (i) there is a shortage of data concerning the nursing profession (number of nurses, level of education, license and specialization, current employment, age structure, migration). This affects the capacity to plan for the nursing workforce and address the needs and expectations of this group of professionals; (ii) nurses’ contributions are still not sufficiently recognized by the health system and the public; (iii) community nursing services are not sufficiently recognized and funded; (iv) there is no continuous education or continuous professional development program in place; (v) the distinction between competencies of nurses with different educational degrees (secondary vs. tertiary level of education) is unclear, job descriptions do not adequately represent the allocation of duties, no licensing system is in place, and as a result nurses cannot perform their tasks and contribute to their full potential; (vi) nurses lack leadership and management skills, therefore, nurses are underrepresented in managerial structures and do not have a sufficient level of influence, authority, or impact in decision-making, and (vii) strong professional association(s) of nurses are missing.
Project goal and purpose
The project purpose can be summarized as follows:
1. The effectiveness of nursing services delivered in Bosnia-Hercegovina will be improved. In particular, primary care services – provided by community nurses and aimed at vulnerable population and socially excluded groups – are made available in at least 55 municipalities;2. BiH institutions will have the capacity to pursue the development, maintenance and governance of effective nursing services, in particular community nursing services;3. The project’s achievements will be integrated into regular health authorities and further stakeholders’ activities.
The overall purpose of improved quality and access is to be achieved by the combined interventions in three interconnected project components:
Component A: Nurses professional environment;Component B: Expansion of community nursing;Component C: Development of nurses’ management and leadership capabilities.
Project intervention strategy
The project will primarily play a facilitation role, providing technical advice and quality control to local institutions and partners in implementing needed changes and improvements. However, a range of implementation tasks will also have to be assumed in areas where there is insufficient local knowledge and/or where a transfer of international knowledge appears particularly beneficial. In terms of geographical coverage, the project intervenes across Bosnia and Herzegovina: the Federation of BiH, the Republika Srpska and Brcko District.
Component intervention strategy
The main objective of this component is to enhance a professional environment in which nurses can provide safe and high-quality services. To achieve this objective, the following is anticipated to be supported: (i) the adoption of a mechanism to plan the health workforce appropriately; (ii) the validation of the list of competencies required to practice nursing in BiH (the so called ‘book of competencies’); (iii) a regulated certification and licensing process that takes the type and level of education into consideration as well as continuous professional development activities; (iv) a complemented referential for the delivery of nursing services – extending the existing (professional guidelines referred to as Standard Operating Procedures – SOPs); (v) the creation of a procedure to keep these guidelines up-to-date and to develop new ones as required, and (vi) the adoption of a funding mechanism for nursing services (in particular for community nursing services).
Tasks and responsibilities of Component A Manager
The Component A Manager is responsible for:
- Planning, preparation and implementation of all project activities related to the assigned project area in line with the logframe, adaptations agreed by the Steering Committee, and advice and guidance of the Project Manager;
- Management of human and other resources allocated to the assigned area in collaboration with the Project Manager and Finance-HR Manager, with a view of guaranteeing efficiency and effectiveness;
- the quality and technical soundness of project activities, with a special focus on GESI;
- Coordination of, and networking with, key stakeholders and project partners related to assigned area(s) of intervention;
- Initiation, facilitation and steering of project activities involving local stakeholders, including the public institutions and health authorities;
- Identification and assessment of needs for local and international technical assistance for the assigned area;
- Preparation of ToRs relevant for the assigned area of intervention (WGs, institutions, LTEs, ITEs);
- Support to provision of expertise, advice and participating in the knowledge management within the project team and with its partners;
- Support to the short-term consultants in performing their project related tasks;
- Organising and attending project events, and visiting project sites to implement, facilitate, support and monitor project activities;
- Identifying best practices and lessons learned within the area of intervention;
- Preparing documentation for meetings of the project’s Steering Committee, as requested by the Project Manager;
- Promoting knowledge sharing and learning culture within the team and with the partners;
- Provide assistance to PR Manager in preparing promotional materials;
- Exchange of information on project-related activities with the other two Component Managers and other Project Team members;
- Ensuring project’s result orientation, monitoring and assessing project progress against defined project objectives and proposing changes in project approach if deemed necessary;
- Attending key project events and monitoring the implementation of project activities via field visits to selected project implementation sites;
- Supporting project assistant responsible for field data collection and reporting in preparing the methodology pertinent to the assigned area of intervention relevant to monitor component-related indicators;
- Supporting project assistant responsible for field data collection and reporting in identification of individuals and institutions involved in monitoring activities relevant to the assigned area of intervention;
- Collecting and communicating monitoring data (as per the Monitoring Plan) relevant for the area of intervention;
- On-going result-based evaluation to assess planned, on-going, or completed interventions to determine their relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact, and/or sustainability;
- Collecting and communicating information on potential risks identified and devise in collaboration with the Project Management Team and participation in the development of the mitigation measures;
- Coordinating development and supervising application of project monitoring framework to assess the project progress, achievements and setbacks.
- Preparing and drafting quarterly and progress reports related to Component A, yearly plans of operations and other documents as requested by the Project Manager;
- Consolidating and finalizing operational reports on project activities;
- Preparing reports for the Steering Committee, attending its meetings, and providing inputs for its steering functions.
- Ability to plan, prepare and implement project activities within the project component
- Ability to ensure the quality and technical soundness of project activities
- Ability to manage, analyse and evaluate data and information
- Ability to draft documents and reports in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to coordinate component project interventions with key stakeholders and project partners
- Ability to initiate, facilitate and steer project activities with project stakeholders
- Ability to identify and assess needs for international technical assistance
- Ability to manage human and other resources
- Ability to identify and manage risks and conflicts Required knowledge, experience and skills
- Profound knowledge in project cycle management and application of its tools
- Project management or other related field / BA
- Work experience in project management
- Extensive experience in local, national and/or regional projects in health education and/or other development projects
- Extensive experience in partnering and interaction with governmental institutions
- Sound knowledge of the organisation and functioning of the education and health systems in BiH
- Language skills: fluency in English and official languages of BIH with excellent drafting and presentation skills
- Computer skills: literacy in MS Office programmes (Word, Power Point, Excel), Internet, email
- Conceptualization and analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Project management skills
- Conflict management skills
- Coordination skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ethics, integrity and sound judgment
- Ability to work in a team and multicultural environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in the team
- Learn and share knowledge within the team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work long hours
- Ability to travel extensively (locally and internationally)
- Driving licence (with a clear record).
Please submit your CV in English with a motivation letter and references by e-mail to [email protected] no later than 19 April 2023, 16:00 hrs.Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Lokacija: Sarajevo (Rad iz firme)
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 20.03.2023.
Trajanje oglasa: 30 dana (ističe 19.04.2023.)
Žao nam je što vam se nije svidio sadržaj. Možete li nam reći zašto?
Pomozite nam da unaprijedimo sadržaj!
Recite nam kako možemo unaprijediti ovaj sadržaj