PUBLIC INVITATION FOR A CONSULTANT
IN THE FIELD OF COMMUNICATION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
The Institute for Population and Development, based in Sarajevo,
announces a competition for a
CONSULTANT IN THE FIELD OF COMMUNICATION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
within the framework of the project “Contributing to Civil Society Organizations’ Strategic Planning for Healthcare in Bosnia and Herzegovina in line with EU standards,” implemented by the Institute for Population and Development in partnership with Municipalities and Cities Associations from the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republika Srpska, and funded by the European Union.
The general objective of the Project is to strengthen the contribution of the civil society organization (CSO) network in ensuring quality healthcare and emergency medical assistance at the local level in Bosnia and Herzegovina, based on collaboration, expertise exchange, and dialogue with governmental institutions.
Specific Objective 1: Strengthening the capacity of CSOs for a collaborative dialogue with governmental authorities, as well as for the development and implementation of strategic documents in primary healthcare in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Specific Objective 2: Institutionalize the involvement of local CSOs in the creation and adoption of public policies at the municipal level in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Specific Objective 3: Contribute to public awareness of public health and information exchange to improve patients’ access to healthcare services.
Project Duration: February 1, 2024, to February 1, 2027.
CSOs advocate for better healthcare policies and improved primary and advanced emergency medical care for citizens.
Implementation of municipal strategic documents in the field of primary healthcare, following the principle of “no one left behind.”
CSOs participate in a dialogue with decision-makers to enhance strategic documents and access to healthcare services.
The consultant will be responsible for the project’s visibility, project interventions, and the distribution of project and strategic information relevant to the project and achieving its goals. In coordination with the project team, they are responsible for strategically promoting the project on IPD communication channels, collaborating with media outlets in Bosnia and Herzegovina, preparing regular promotional activities, creating strategic documents for working with the media, monitoring visibility guidelines, and ensuring the implementation of visibility procedures by IPD project partners.
- University degree in a social field, with preference given to graduates in journalism.
- Minimum of five years of practical experience in various communication segments in the healthcare field.
- Proven ability to create and implement effective communication strategies in healthcare and projects funded by the European Union.
- Understanding and application of Reframing methodology and Communication for Development (C4D) methodology for achieving efficient communication results.
- In-depth knowledge of the media landscape in Bosnia and Herzegovina, including trends, key players, and market specifics.
- Practical experience in effective management of administrative tasks related to websites (WordPress) and social media activities.
- Experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to enhance website visibility and ranking.
- Experience in working on projects funded by the European Union.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and efficiently organize communication-related tasks in demanding and dynamic circumstances.
- Developed analytical skills in interpreting data, monitoring performance, and adjusting strategies based on relevant analyses.
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills, both within the team and in interaction with various interest groups.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO DEMONSTRATE POSSESSION OF THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Letter of intent (in B/H/S language)
- Curriculum Vitae (in B/H/S language) with a minimum of 2 references
Please submit the mentioned documents to the email address: IPDhealthnet@ipdbh.org
The deadline for applications is 8 days from the date of publishing the Public Call, ending on 14th February 2024.
All requests for additional information or clarifications should be sent to the email IPDhealthnet@ipdbh.org.
The Institute for Population and Development will not inform candidates who are not selected for the job. The successful bidder with the highest score and whose offer is accepted will be notified no later than 5 working days after the final selection.