As part of our ongoing commitment to fostering positive change and building a more
inclusive world, we are excited to announce an opportunity for you to contribute to our upcoming Bridging Cultures UWC Short Course.
This short course aims to equip participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to bridge cultural divides and promote effective communication in diverse settings. The program will focus on key principles of multicultural understanding and nonviolent communication, providing practical tools that can be applied in various personal and professional contexts.
We believe in the power of our community to make a difference, and we are seeking dedicated individuals among UWC alumni, previous participants, or experienced facilitators to serve as facilitators/volunteers for this transformative short course. Your unique experiences and insights will contribute significantly to the program’s success. Meals and accommodation will be provided and transportation costs within the country.
As the social media volunteer you are responsible for maintaining our instagram and facebook page, updating it with everyday activities and making the short course visible online.
As the facilitator for the workshops you can contribute by leading discussions and activities related to multicultural understanding, nonviolent communication, peace building etc.
As the facilitator for social activities you are responsible for leading and organizing a
wide range of activities that main goal is entertainment and community building. These activities play a crucial role in fostering social bonds, promoting well-being, and creating a sense of community. (For more detailed role description check below)
If you are enthusiastic about contributing to this initiative, please fill out the application form. Additionally, attach recommendations if you have. You can specify what you would like to facilitate but you can also choose all of the roles and after the interview we’ll together agree which is best for you.
We look forward to your active involvement in making the world a better place to live.
- Content Creation: Develop engaging and relevant content for the organization’s Instagram and Facebook pages.
- Regular Updates: Maintain a consistent posting schedule to keep followers
informed about daily activities, events, and updates related to the organization.
- Visual Appeal: Ensure that posts are visually appealing, aligning with the organization’s branding and mission.
- Interaction and Engagement: Respond to comments, messages, and interactions on social media platforms, fostering a sense of community and responsiveness.
- Short Course Promotion: Effectively market and promote short courses online, creating awareness and generating interest among the target audience.
- Analytics Monitoring: Track and analyze social media metrics to assess the effectiveness of content and engagement strategies, making adjustments as needed.
- Curriculum Development: Collaborate with the team to develop and enhance workshop content related to multicultural understanding, nonviolent communication, peace building, and other relevant topics.
- Facilitation: Lead and facilitate workshops, ensuring a participatory and inclusive environment for discussion, activities, and learning.
- Participant Engagement: Encourage active participation, critical thinking, and dialogue among workshop participants to enhance the learning experience.
- Feedback Collection: Gather feedback from participants to assess the impact of workshops and identify areas for improvement.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated on relevant topics, trends, and research to enhance the quality and relevance of workshop content.
- Resource Management: Manage workshop materials, resources, and logistics to ensure smooth operations.
- Event Planning: Plan and organize a diverse range of social activities with the goal of promoting entertainment, well-being, and community building.
- Logistics Management: Assist in coordinating logistics for social events, including venue selection, scheduling, and resource allocation.
- Inclusivity: Ensure that social activities cater to a broad audience, taking into account diverse interests and preferences within the community.
- Community Engagement: Foster a sense of community by encouraging participation in social activities and creating an inclusive environment.
- Feedback and Improvement: Collect feedback from participants after social events to evaluate their success and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other team members to integrate social activities with other organizational initiatives and goals.
- Communication: Maintain open and effective communication within the team to ensure alignment and coordination of efforts.
- Community Outreach: Actively engage with the community, promoting events, activities, and the organization’s mission to broaden its reach.
- Flexibility: Adapt to changing circumstances and be flexible in adjusting strategies and plans as needed.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with other volunteers and team members to create a synergistic approach to achieving organizational objectives.
- Commitment to Mission: Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization in all responsibilities and interactions.